The ultimate objective for an SEO expert is having access to high-converting, high-volume, and low-competition keyword. Nothing is more attractive than increased organic traffic who wants to opt-in for the service and product you provide. Usually, these keywords are a “sweet spot,” which results in enhanced search with very low competition. Hence, it gains priority when SEO professionals carry out the keyword search.
As a result, the low volume keywords, which probably have less than 250 searches monthly, usually get side-lined. Can the SEO’s be overlooking an essential aspect of organic traffic by missing the low volume keywords? The truth is that low volume keywords usually provide you the scope to target those terms which are not relevant to a target audience and other market-players aren’t focusing on. Do you want an SEO agency that can guide you on this? If yes, you can get in touch with Keyword Fyrebird.
Benefits of low volume keywords
The relevance of low volume keywords can help you attain more than getting increased traffic or outshining other market players. The benefits of including low volume keywords in your SEO strategy include the following:
- Build interest – It provides the chance to develop an interest in a new and small niche.
- Relevant – The long-tail keywords are the low-volume keywords that are essential for your target audience. When you provide relevant content, your users will convert even more.
- More ROI – These keywords can generate more conversions that can make up for the content cost.
- Has a commercial intent – You can concentrate on the essential purchasing keywords that attract the users who are willing to buy a product or order your service.
- Diversity – Your online content can rank for several low volume keywords all at one go. And it also increases your online traffic scope.
How to target the low-volume keywords?
Are you thinking about the best way to target the low volume keywords? If yes, discussed below are four essential strategies that you can opt-in for:
- Recognize the low-hanging fruit: When you start the keywords search, a seed list is always ready. You might find out that all of the terms might not derive increased search volume. Don’t cancel out the entire list. You can scan through the keyword list once again that gets anything between 0 and 200 searches monthly. It will help you recognize the “low hanging fruit.” It usually indicates the keywords that you feel have the potential to rank for with very minimal attempt. Also, these are keywords where only a single conversion is perfect for securing the content generation and optimization cost. It indicates that such keywords come with less risk.
Usually, the “low-hanging fruit” keywords are known for the following:
- Have less competition
- Indicates the user’s intent to join a group, sign up for a service or buy a product
- These are the keywords that other market-players aren’t focusing on
- Are essential for the target audience as well as for the service/product you provide
If you are sure that you will be able to rank for these set of keywords by employing less effort, then it’s worth opting in for. Even if you can convert a single user, you are good to go.
- Only target the keywords that are relevant to your target customer: Before you start, ensure that the keyword has customer relevance. For instance, sometimes, keywords like “Canada wedding customs” or “Canada wedding dress” might not appeal to those customers who want to hire a wedding photographer in Canada. You might focus on using these keywords much later to use a broad category later. But it’s not fruitful to concentrate on these keywords right at the start when you are trying to gain online visibility for your customer. If you focus on irrelevant keywords at the beginning, it will not result in any conversion.
- Focus more on the “buying” keywords: It’s good to find a keyword that your customer can relate to. However, if the keyword already something they are aware of and has a “buying” value, you are lucky. The best bet concerning focusing on the low-volume keyword is to come up with those that sync in with the purchasing intent. Such keywords usually come with qualifiers like, “best deals for” or “where to buy” and the like.
Such queries make you realize that your users are searching for the correct choice and cost before they make up their mind to purchase. If you have an excellent copy and can outshine all your competitors, you can attract this traffic.
- You can be relevant in a small and brand-new niche: An essential reason for few keywords lacking more search volume is that not all users have used them. It is usually the situation when you belong to a tiny group. It could also be that yours is a new brand and people are yet to hear from you.
When you have a unique product or service, you can move past this issue by focusing on these keywords to link to the problems that your service or product solves. For example, if you provide prickly heat powder, you can use keywords like “summer heat solutions” and the like.
However, most of the times, brands start completely new. And the target audience doesn’t yet know what they want and also that your product/service exists. Here the low volume keywords can help and increase your demand.
You need to keep in mind a few essential tips. Not every low volume keyword is the same. Simply because the keyword exists irrespective of the search volume, it doesn’t indicate you have to make use of it. You need to choose the keywords well, which will benefit the time and money that you invest in it.
It is essential that you target the correct and fruitful low volume keywords. For this, you need to depend on the expert advice and guidance of an SEO agency or professional. The online competition is massive, and you don’t want to lose out because of a poor decision. Hence, it’s essential to take expert help and choose the best keywords.